Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Protective Hairstyles.

I loooovvvveeeee my hair and always want to keep it protected. But some protective styles are just NOT cute. lol

And its really hard to find cute protective styles for short hair. But oh well, we must make do.

Below are some options I frequently use:

Single braids are ALWAYS a classic protective style.

The only thing is, you have to be extremely careful of your edges. If you are like me and you have weak edges, you CANNOT do any of the following:
  • Keep you braids in for too long (longer than one month)
  • Braid the edges too tight or too small. (use equal amount extension and hair- you do not want to weigh down those fragile edges).
  • Leave your hair unwashed for more than 2 weeks. The dirt builds up and keeps your hair from benefiting from the new nutrients and oils being added.
  • Forget to moisturize either daily or once every 2 days.
Best protective style EVERRRRRR!!! Love it!!


And of course, there is always the infamous hat- especially in winter.

I don't always wear hats, but when I do, I go for the ones with a little subtle design. Like the flower on this one. (I will post pics later of how I personally transform a plain ol' hat to something pretty that you would want to wear every day lol)

When wearing hats, it is important to make sure that you hair is at least a little presentable. Accidents happen ladies!! lol


I remember seeing this picture and wishing so damn badly that I could duplicate this style. But knowing oh so well that my short hair would never be able to do this.

But being as stubborn as I am, i refused to let a little thing like length get in the way. So I did this:

I totally loved and enjoyed the attention this style got me. PLUS my hair is protected fully at the back!! 

That is all for now lovelies!!

And remember, always LYH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment